Friday, March 21, 2008

Just Because...



1. My “homey-lover-friend” coaxed me into watching a Tyler Perry play last night – Diary of a Mad Black Woman. That was a first and a last for me. I thought that the movies were bad – but damn, the movies are infinitely better than the plays. I was a little disturbed when he asked her to bark like a dog. Is Tyler Perry secretly a misogynist?

2. I started reading Gentleman Jigger by Bruce Nugent the other day. I think that it is a must read. It is discussed in the introduction that he liked “rough trade.” Can you imagine what that was like during the 1920’s and 1930’s? I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

3. Perhaps I am too involved in the election, but I am too tired of Hillary Clinton wearing this canary yellow suit with black accents. When you wear a color like canary yellow it should be a piece that you don’t wear too often. It stands out and people remember it. Can we get Max Mara, Vivienne Westwood or Chanel to send her a few suits? Hell, can someone take her to Ann Taylor Loft at Atlantic Station? Gary?

4. It is official. I am an elitist, and I am ok with it.

5. I need a trip to Atlanta – brunch at Murphy’s or Thumb’s Up. Dinner at Watershed or Bacchanalia. A facial and massage at Key Lime Pie. A little shopping. A little tea at Urban Tea Party. Catching up with old friends. O, how I miss Atlanta sometimes.

3 comments:

@GaryTylone said...

Are you really an elitist??? Well considering your alma mater and the legacy....let hilary wear her blah suits because she's blah...Can't wait to see what michelle obama is gonna wear to the inaguration..

GI said...

I live for your blog! lol hilarious..leave Tyler's plays alone! lol They were/are hilrious despite the story lines(clears throat) and you've gotta admit, the singing is awesome.

Btw, @ Valentino: I have not endorsed Clinton or Obama yet, but I'll say this...lets hope one of the two gets it but if Obama gets it, I better NOT see Michelle walking up in no inaguration in those damn black common flats! Girl if you don't....

Corey Keith said...

LOL! I love Hillary and I love this blog! I can't wait to see 4 colored girls and see India can pull it off...