Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just Because...


1. I had the pleasure of attending the opening of “Flow" last week, the new exhibit at the Studio Museum of Harlem. The work is amazing - though the highlight of my evening was being mistaken for some artist currently working in Venice.

2. Do you ever look at lesbians and say to yourself, " I bet her strap on is huge," or inversely, "aww… I bet it's really small?"

3. Wasn't Menace II Society a little homoerotic?

4. I was listening to Betty Wright's "Tonight is the Night"… she asks the audience to "think back to their very first time"… and so… I thought about it … lol

5. I may be a little bit behind but has anyone been out to http://stuffeducatedblackpeoplelike.wordpress.com/
I think the fact that moving to Atlanta is number 17 is hilarious.

6. Have you been in a place where masturbation isn't enough?

7. I hate in when the person on the treadmill next to me wants to compete.

8. This chick said I was school boy sexy…???

9. So I'm going to an Estelle concert in a couple of weeks…

10. Big Boi is doing something with the Atlanta Ballet this weekend… should be interesting.

5 comments:

@GaryTylone said...

You so inspire me !!! Menace to Society was a lil bit homoerotic..or maybe you just lustin after that boy...that chick hangs around too many gays..

ThisMightBeMe said...

I got some firends that are going to check out Big Boi and the ballet thing...It will probably be pretty interesting.

Corey Keith said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking my out! I read Gentlemen Jigger with my book club. It was our February read (in conjunction with black history month) and I must say it was underwhelming. I am sorry to hear that you “shy” away from books like Right Side. I am an avid reader, and sometimes a book snob, but I am always pleased to come across something that is enlightening and entertaining, as Smith’s newest novel proved to be. I actually have two degrees in English, teach it to high school-ers and college students, and still find joy in an entertaining yawn every now and again. One book I urge you to check out is this year’s Pulitzer Prize winner by Junot Diaz, The Short Wondrous life of Oscar Wao. I just started it and I am AMAZED!!!! This novel will be huge.

E. Terrell said...

@ thismightbeme: thanks for dropping in man... how did your friends like the performance at the Atlanta Ballet

@ corey keith: thanks for stopping in man... I really like Gentleman Jigger... maybe I'm in love with the period... I consider myself to be a bit of a book snob myself... so from one to another... I will check out the Fred Smith joint... It's funny that you mentioned Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao... I picked it up this weekend... It's going to be my next book... I'm teaching a class this summer on A Hope in the Unseen... what books are on the reading list for your students?

Corey Keith said...

I am so excited someone else is reading Oscar besides me!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK! I am a huge comic book fan, so I get the allusions... I teach American Literature and AP Language. We read Song of Solomon and Beloved, Great Gatsby and Scarlet Letter, Raisin in the Sun and Death of a Salesman, and they select two independent novels. Keep me updated on your Oscar reading and I will do the same