1. My “homey-lover-friend” coaxed me into watching a Tyler Perry play last night – Diary of a Mad Black Woman. That was a first and a last for me. I thought that the movies were bad – but damn, the movies are infinitely better than the plays. I was a little disturbed when he asked her to bark like a dog. Is Tyler Perry secretly a misogynist?
2. I started reading Gentleman Jigger by Bruce Nugent the other day. I think that it is a must read. It is discussed in the introduction that he liked “rough trade.” Can you imagine what that was like during the 1920’s and 1930’s? I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.
3. Perhaps I am too involved in the election, but I am too tired of Hillary Clinton wearing this canary yellow suit with black accents. When you wear a color like canary yellow it should be a piece that you don’t wear too often. It stands out and people remember it. Can we get Max Mara, Vivienne Westwood or Chanel to send her a few suits? Hell, can someone take her to Ann Taylor Loft at Atlantic Station? Gary?
4. It is official. I am an elitist, and I am ok with it.
5. I need a trip to Atlanta – brunch at Murphy’s or Thumb’s Up. Dinner at Watershed or Bacchanalia. A facial and massage at Key Lime Pie. A little shopping. A little tea at Urban Tea Party. Catching up with old friends. O, how I miss Atlanta sometimes.