Friday, November 23, 2007

My Favorite Things

Oprah's yearly favorite things show was the other day. This is always a must see for me… I loved the one were she proclaims "You get a car, you get a car, you get a car… to all members of the audience. So in homage to the Big O, and in boredom I decided to compose my list of favorite things:

1. Jo Malone Grapefruit Cologne - It’s a unisex fragrance that's clean and classic. It can be mixed to best suit your body chemistry.
2. Cakebead Cellars makes my favorite Sauvignon Blanc and it's affordable… $22
3. James Baldwin books. I have read number his books. I am reading one of his screen plays now. His writing is so honest and pure. The lessons he teaches are universal.
4. The Breitling Watch… in a word… classic.
5. Cashmere Socks.
6. Art by Romare Bearden. I had anticipated purchasing my first real piece of art this year for my birthday, but it's a must have for me next year.
7. The Studio Museum of Harlem. Contemporary and Classic. A membership is a must have.
8. Ne Me Quitte Pas - Nina Simone. I have a number of her cd's but I want the definitive collection.
9. The Bose wave music system. It affords me the opportunity to listen to Nina with complete clarity.
10. Jordans.
11. Burberry Trench.
12. Jersey Bed Sheets.
13. The Foley House Inn - Black Owned Savannah Bed and Breakfast
14. The Sunday New York Times.
15. Good U.S. Open Tickets
16. Well tailored Thom Browne Suit
17. Starbucks
18. Mulberry bag
19. Gucci Aviators
20. LV overnight bag
21. Chucks
22. Acapulco Candle by NARS

1 comment:

. said...

i truly don't know how i went without finding your blog and reading it for so long. i have spent probably the past 45 minutes just engrossed. you truly are an interesting, engaging soul sir.